Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

thoughts from the couch

So I figure I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands in the next few weeks. To be honest, I've really been bumming about this whole bed rest thing and have had a hard time focusing on the things to be thankful for. I remember a friend telling me once that when you're feeling down, to literally make a list of all the things you have to be thankful for. So here's mine for today:
  • Jayden and his smile and laugh. That I get to see and hear them everyday, even though I'm on the couch or in bed. 
  • Dan...there are no words to express how wonderful he has been this past week...supportive, loving, compassionate, and caring. I could not ask for a better husband. And he's pretty stinking cute to boot!!
  • my mom...she is here today for the fifth time in 7 days. That is 600 miles she will have driven with all the round trips from L.A. Countless diapers changed, meals made (for me and Jayden!!), dishes cleaned, loads of laundry done. I could not ask for a more loving mom 
  • my dad. he's been here twice making me laugh, cooking me yummy sausage for breakfast, going to get coffee. i have the best, and funniest, dad in the world
  • all our friends who have been here to help or have taken Jayden for the day: Stephanie (three times!!), Lilly (house cleaner extraordinaire), Jen (twice this week), Michelle, Andrea (she took Jayden all day TUESDAY!!)
  • a church that is providing meals so that Dan doesn't have to cook when he gets home on top of taking over Jayden duty
  • a God who orchestrates the details...Dan's leave ends May 15th...when does my mom end bible study? May 13th. 
  • Eli. even though this pregnancy with him is proving to be challenging, he is worth every second. my sweet baby boy who i love feeling kick around and grow...i can't wait to meet him!!
  • a kind, caring, compassionate and competent doctor who i know has my and eli's best interests at heart. 
  • countless friends who have called or emailed to check in. i know so many are praying...such a blessing
  • did I mention Jayden? his sweet smile lights up my days

2 comments:

SMiLeD said...

I love love love your list!! And I love that you are taking time to find the positives in your situation! You are doing a GREAT job mama, hang in there, it seems like forever right now, but in 10 years it will just be a blink of the eye. Let me know how I can keep you company from 2,000 miles away!

Lisa said...

I second Mary. What a great list! Enjoy the blessings and remember every day when you feel down, that you are doing whats best for you and Eli and that is an awesome accomplishment! :)