Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TWO AND A HALF!!!!

Jayden, as of today, is TWO AND A HALF!!! Where DOES the time go, seriously? I feel like we were throwing his 2nd birthday party yesterday. LITERALLY, it feels like yesterday. To think tomorrow he will be closer to 3 than one...it is almost unthinkable. To realize that my tiny 6 lb, 9 oz miracle bundle is now a long, lanky 28 pound 2 1/2 year old is enough to stop me dead in my tracks.

What's he up to?
*he is 2. so he hits his brother a lot.
*he is 2. so he gets time outs for hitting said brother a lot.
*he is 2. so he disobeys a lot.
*he is 2. so he gets time outs for said disobedience.

ok, sorry. i'll be cute and fuzzy now.
*Jayden LOVES music. I mean LOVES music. He can sing many songs, loves guitars, loves drums, loves to dance.
*He is a big big cuddler. We often hear, "Hold me, Mommy" or "Hold me, Daddy" or "Hold me, Grandma" or "Hold me, (insert family member name here)"
*He loves people. He loves to watch people when we're out in public and asks "Who dat?" and "What dat man do, Mommy?"
*He loves his little brother. He really does. He adores Eli. Sometimes this love can turn to violence or just being too rough but it is cute how much he loves hiim.
*He loves Veggie Tales.
*His favorite foods are: yogurt, chocolate milk, eggies (scrambled eggs), pasta, berries, and cheeseburgers.
*He loves to read books and is currently obsessed with Curious George.
*Not working on potty training yet. He seems to be scared of going on the toilet so we're not pushing it.
*Jayden has a lot of fears. He hears loud noises and says,"Scared...what dat noise?" He doesn't always take to new situations right away and can be timid. We are trying to just help work through the fears and reassure him as much as possible. He also seems to be having nightmares. He'll wake up in the night screaming and shaking from fright. He is definitely awake so its not night terrors. We just soothe him till he stops shaking and he goes right back to sleep. Poor little guy. :(
*Like I said, he is a whopping 28 pounds and about 37 inches tall. He is TALL and SKINNY and often gets mistaken for a 3 year old when we're out in public.
*He loves the park and loves his buddy Avery.

And a quick note to our boy:
Jayden....my precious little miracle boy. You are such a delight to be a mommy to. Your smile and infectious laugh light up my life. I love to watch you grow, I love to see how much you love people and how tender your heart is. I cherish the times where you just cuddle up to me and wrap your arms around my neck. Or when you say, "Love you, Mommy" so softly. Your little voice is such a sweet sound to my ear. I love to dance and sing with you and watch your face light up when a song comes on that you love. You are so precious to us, our little firstborn son. We thank God everyday for the miracle of your life and for giving you to us to raise!! We are grateful for the last 2 1/2 years of watching you grow and can't wait for many more!!!

No comments: