Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

falling down on the job....

Dan looked up at me today and said, "Honey, I'm going to have to start blogging soon..." after checking in on our blog to find it STILL not updated. Wow, I have been so lame these days with it! I'm sorry!!

We're alive! We've had a rough run of sickness in our house the past few weeks. I had the flu and Jayden got it too. Jayden tends to get every sickness in the form of a nasty cough that can easily send him into respiratory distress. So off to the doctor we went and, of course, it was breathing treatment time for our little guy again. He does so well with his treatments, though, and sits so still (doesn't hurt that we put on Veggie Tales or Mr. Rogers for him to watch!). So just as Jayden and I were feeling better, Dan got SUPER sick with strep throat and spent four days in bed. This last week we've been pretty healthy but then today I woke up with a cold. Ah, such is life with two little ones and lots of people in the house.

We're keeping busy busy busy though. Dan is swamped with school, work, interning, etc. The boys are growing like weeds. Eli toddles around all day making us laugh with his silly antics. He amazes us with his intelligence and mellow nature (more to come on him in his 15 month post). Jayden is...well, he's 2! This means he is delightful one moment and a terror the next. He is quite the little musician already. He can play the harmonica, dance in complete rhythm with a song, clap in time, sing on tune, and has even started making up his own songs. We're signing him up for music classes SOON, let's just say that! Jayden also LOVES his brother but also can be not so nice to him. So we're staying busy making sure Eli lives to see his 2nd birthday and playing referee a lot. This is probably one of the big reasons I have slacked on updating the blog!

And what I have been up to? Well, its the life of a mom- changing diapers, making meals, laundry, cleaning, hugging, kissing, playing, laughing...and, oh that's right, being completely exhausted! But, actually, I am very blessed to have my mom and Stephanie on hand to help when needed, whether that comes in the form of keeping an ear out for Eli during his nap so I can take Jayden out for some Mommy/Jayden time, keeping an ear out for both boys during afternoon naps so I can go workout, or sometimes even watching both boys so I can get a much needed break.

So to end this update post, I shall leave you with an example of Jayden "loving" his brother (note Grandma's hand of guidance!).

No comments: