Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Multitude Monday

holy experience



So at times I have participated in MckMama's Not Me! Monday blog carnvial. And while I love it, sometimes its a challenge to come up with stuff EVERY week. My friend Andrea has started doing this "Multitude Monday" and I love the concept of it. This phase of life, for us, is challenging. We are tired and overwhelmed as we spend our days raising these two very little boys, juggling Dan's school and work (and recently my school too), and trying to keep our marriage thriving. Not to mention time with friends and also dedicated quiet time with the Lord. WOW!! In the midst of this phase of life, it is easy to get bogged down in thinking about what we don't have, what we wish was that isn't. So what better way to combat a complaining heart than to list what we're thankful for?

1. my husband. seriously...how blessed am I? he's handsome, caring, affectionate, Christ-like, dedicated.


2. my family- original five and extended. my mom, my dad, my brothers, my sister-in-law, Dan's family, Steph, etc. in this particular season of our life, i find myself constantly praising God for my dad's extended life as we came VERY close to losing him this summer.



(Steph may kill me for putting this pic on the blog. Love you Steph!!)



3. the opportunity to be furthering my education. right now its just online classes to complete pre-reqs but I'm thankful to be working on it right now.

4. the opportunity to watch my sweet ones grow. today they are healthy, happy, and a total delight, even when they try our patience!!

No comments: