Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 09, 2009

7 months!!

Eli is 7 months old today! I was reading another friend's blog today about how much quicker the time goes the 2nd time around and it is SO true! I feel like we brought Eli home from the hospital yesterday. Another friend once said, "Parenting is full of very long days and very short years." So true. Some days drag on and on and I feel like the boys will NEVER be in bed but in reality the time is flying by!

Here's what Eli is up to:
*sitting up like a champ. I don't even feel the need to put the Boppy behind him every time he's playing on the floor now
*getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. just today he took his first "crawl" (when they start walking we call them steps, what do you call them when they just take one "step" with their hands and knees when they're learning to crawl?)
*as of a couple weeks ago, he is sleeping through the night. praise the Lord!!
*still breastfeeding. I am happy to have made it to 7 months. breastfeeding is not easy, and I am thankful that I have been able to make it this far with him. we had to start supplementing Jayden with formula at 7 months cause I was pregnant and it was killing my supply. I am glad we are not in that situation with Eli. :)
*as of today he is also on 3 meals of solids a day. he has loved everything so far for the most part. his faves have been sweet potatoes and carrots. he tried berries mixed with banana for the first time today and LOVED it.
*he is in 9 month clothing for the most part. he can still wear some 6 month pants but sleepers and onesies are all 9 month now. he's a big boy!
*he is IN LOVE with his pacifier. he fusses for it and lunges for it when he sees it. he didn't take one at all till he was almost 5 months old so it is amusing he has grown so attached so quickly.
*still no teeth and no sign of any. oh well. :)
*oh he is napping like a champ. one good morning nap, one good early afternoon nap, and a late afternoon snooze.
*he is quite a snuggly kid and LOVES to cuddle and be held. this is a big difference from his brother so its fun.

Here are some pictures from today of our sweet boy!

sweet smiles



he has this look on his face a lot these days. he is obviously thinking very hard!


"I love my binky"


Playing with Stephanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the blogging you've been doing lately!! I can't believe that Eli is 7 months already and that Jayden is coming up on 2 soon, CRAZY!!!!

And so fun that you are having fun with the babyfood, glad to have inspired you!!

Lisa said...

So sweet and yay for crawling!! wow, weird to think that at 7 months with jayden you were pregnant! :)