Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

blessings

The boys were being super cute on the bus (our primary mode of transportation here) the other day and I had my camera so I took some pictures. They love to sit in big boy seats and not have to stay in the stroller! :) 





Last week we were at Sam and Andrea's and I walked into the living room to find all these lovely ones paired off. Dan was reading to Eleni, Jayden was watching Owen play DS, and Everett was spontaneously and repeatedly attacking Everett for snuggles. Precious precious.

These two are post-bath pictures. Thought they were cute. I love Eli's face- "What, Mom?! You want me to be cute and smile?! I don't think so!"


Amidst all the pain and sorrow right now of losing our sweet baby, I am trying to focus on the blessings. Our lives are filled to the max right now with our sweet boys and their cousins. God is good and faithful and I know He will bless us with another baby at some point in the future. But my arms do feel empty. I was already longing to hold our little one, already looking forward to newborn snuggles, first smiles, first laughs, etc. To have that disappear, all the hopes and dreams...it is a pain I cannot describe. But we know God is good all the time and so we keep pressing into that. And we keep holding our boys so tight, so thankful for the miracle of their lives. 

No comments: