Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 02, 2010

art project...

Ok so those of you who know me well, or have known me a long time, will know that I am NOT a crafty person. I usually leave the craftiness to people like my friend Liz or Tracey. But it rains A LOT here, and we need things to pass the time. So I started googling different things to do and we tried one the other day.
I got construction paper and wrote their name in glue and gave them beans to put on the glue to spell their name in beans. I figured this would help with fine motor skills and learning their letters. 
Here they are getting impatient to start their craft! :) 

 And here they are getting started. 

 It was hilarious to see the differences in their personalities come out in how they placed the beans. Eli was precise and slow and not one bean was out of place. Jayden, on the other hand, was more carefree about it. Love their differences, and seeing how God made each of them unique!! :) 


 Eli actually did way better with this craft than I thought he would. Smarty pants!!!


 After they were finished with their names, they were still excited to do crafts. So I gave them glue sticks and cut out shapes and let them glue them on and color. They loved that too!!!


So if any of you crafty people out there have ideas for other things I could do with them, please let me know!!! It rains so much here, we need some help passing the time inside!! :)

1 comment:

tracey said...

You go crafty mamma!!! I'm sure I have some ideas...Avery spent about 45 minutes one day building things with sugar cubes and popsicle sticks. Put them on a big tray or baking sheet to catch the mess.