Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 20, 2010

in Scotland!!!

Wow wow wow, we are here in Scotland. Crazy crazy!!

The trip was definitely long, definitely hard but not as bad as I expected. What I expected to be the worse was our layover in London, which was in the middle of the night West Coast time. And it was! The boys were totally exhausted and cranky and generally uncooperative. But we finally boarded our last plane, that flight was quick, and we landed in Glasgow. We quickly met up with our taxi driver who drove us to our flat we are "letting." What was really amazing was as I was getting out of the taxi, I looked down the street and there were my brother, sister-in-law, nephews and niece getting off the bus at the exact same moment. I almost just burst into tears at the sight of them!! They brought us groceries, and some toys for the boys. It was fantastic to see them!!

So the last couple days we have been settling in, running what feels like a million errands. We got cell phones, internet, etc. and have been exploring our new world.

I know, I know, there aren't any pictures in this post. I will get to it, I promise. I don't have many yet but I'm working on it!! Trust me, once I'm more recovered from the trip and jet lag, I'll be posting them like crazy.

We are thankful to be here, thankful for family close by, but definitely missing home too. The boys have been doing pretty well. They have been up in the night but generally go right back to sleep. They are adjusting to the time difference better than I am, I think!

Anyway, will post more soon.

YAY SCOTLAND!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

cant wait to hear about all of your adventures! glad yall are settling in, enjoy! :)