Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

9 month check up with Dr. Ball!

Jayden had his 9 month check up today.

Weight: 17 pounds, 1.5 ounces (20th percentile)
Height: 27.75 inches (5oth percentile)
Head circumference: 17 inches (70th percentile)

So he's a small guy but that's ok! Everything checked out great except that his heel stick came back positive for anemia so they're sending him for more bloodwork. He will go on iron supplements if that comes back anemic too. Dr. Ball said he suspected this might be the case since I've continued to breastfeed while pregnant and its REALLY hard for my body to provide enough iron for two babies and me. So weaning Jayden, which we are in the process of, will help that as well. He said its no big deal short term but long term it can affect his brain development. So good to get taken care of now. :) But Dr. Ball said he looks "impressive" so that was great.

All in all, he's a healthy happy growing little guy. :)

4 comments:

The Pascua Family said...

20th percentile!!! Way to go Jayden...mayhe he can share some tips with Jacob!!! Mia on the other hand could out eat them both :)

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

Good Good that things are in the Healthy stage. I continue to pray for you guys.

Add me to your blogroll, even though I don't have babies....

Uncle Jason

Lisa said...

OMG, I LOVE THE NEW HEADER!! Sooo cute! I love jayden's baby blues!

Shanaka @ Mama Bee Does said...

Hes steadily moving on up, yay Jayden!