Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Three Years Old

Jayden,

You are three today. Three years ago I was watching you sleep, unable to sleep myself because I was so afraid you would stop breathing or something would happen and I would miss it. You were PERFECT. Incredible. Beautiful. Breathtaking. We waited a long time for you, and were told early in the pregnancy you would not live. But you did. And we are so thankful.

You have filled our lives with joy and laughter. I described you today as vivacious. It really could not be more true. You literally bounce through life, finding amusement and joy in small things.

You love to laugh and be silly. You love to make people laugh, and you think so many things we do are funny. You always have.

You have such a precious heart, full of tenderness and sensitivity. When I cry, you say, "Mommy, you sad?" and then a few minutes later, "Mommy, you happy now?" I love how in tune you are to people's feelings.

You are also easily scared, and we often hear "Hold me!!" when you feel frightened by something. God has made you with such sensitivity. Some days I feel overwhelmed thinking of how to shield you from unnecessary hurt but also teach you how to be strong and rely on Jesus and us for the courage that you need.

You love to dance and love to sing. Some days I come in to get you from your nap and you say, "Mommy, I was just singing in here, in my bed."

You love your little brother. Your first question in the morning right now is, "Where's Eli?" You miss him when you're apart and always greet him with a hug when you see him again.

You love your family- Grandma, Grandpa, Oma, Opa, Uncle Matthew, your cousins, Stephanie, Auntie Andrea and Uncle Sam. You are happiest when you're with your family.

You entered our lives "in person" three years ago today, my love, and we have never been the same. God gave you to us, and gave us such a gift. We love you, sweet Jayden boy- every ounce of you, from head to toe.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

May 24, 2007
May 24, 2008
May 24, 2009
May 24, 2010

1 comment:

Lisa said...

wow! really growing up! What a handsome little boy!