Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

sick, sick, and more sick

For you faithful blog readers, you will remember when our whole family got sick at Thanksgiving.

Well these past few days have brought a toned down version of that adventure with the stomach flu.

It all started on Saturday when Jayden coughed a little and then threw up. Now, our little man tends to have a very active gag reflex so the "cough and puke" is nothing new around here. But it happened twice that day. Saturday night he didn't want dinner. Sunday morning he didn't really want to eat either. Sunday afternoon Eli woke up from his nap and promptly threw up everywhere...many times. Since then, Eli has vomited more times than I can count, we have changed his crib sheet approximately 5,476,289 times (yes, I'm exaggerating, but when you've been cleaning up puke for three days, you need SOMETHING right?), I have changed more diarrhea filled diapers than I care to imagine or count, and the poor guy has just been miserable. As if that wasn't enough, Jayden has been lethargic and not eating and kicked in with the diarrhea today. Stephanie also contracted the illness and has missed two days of school. Daddy got it yesterday, in the midst of studying for finals, and my dad got it today. Thankfully, my mom and I have escaped thus far. Praise The Lord. A full revisiting of the Thanksgiving misery is more than I could bear.

And just so there is some fun cuteness in this post, here's a picture of Eli doing "so big" a few days ago!


Isn't he awesome? Oh, and he'll be 10 months old on Friday! Can you believe it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah

I just wanted to say hi as i've been following your story on TWW since you got pregnant with Jayden! I was pregnant at the same time and had my little boy James in June 07. I always think that Jayden is the American version of James (i'm in the UK) because they look so alike, i wish i could show you a picture! I'm an avid reader of your blog and your boys are gorgeous. Little Eli is so cute and the boys look like they have a blast together! I'm sorry to read that you have all been ill. Hope you all feel better soon.

Katy x

Dan and Sarah said...

Katy..if you're reading this...thanks so much for stopping in!! Would love to see a pic of James. Send me a PM on 2WW and I'll send you my email address. :)

Thanks for reading. It means a lot! :)