Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

new diapers!

So its been awhile since I posted about one of my great loves, cloth diapering!! We started cloth diapering full time just about a year ago and it has been so great. Cost effective, fun, and great for the boys. Do I sometimes hate the extra laundry and the extra work? Yes. But for the most part I am so happy with our choice.

We mostly use bumGenius One-size diapers. We also have a few bumGenius AIOs(all-in-ones). Now both Eli and Jayden can wear the one-size but the AIOs we have in different sizes. So once both the boys are in large we are going to need a few more. Well we got quite a nice tax refund and decided to add a few diapers to our stash.

Now, I LOVE my bumGenius diapers. But my biggest frustration has been the velcro. The boys can take off their diapers now (although they don't much) and the velcro gets stuff stuck in it and will need to be replaced here very soon. I also am not a HUGE fan of stuffing the one-size diapers with the inserts.

So, its as if bumGenius read my mind. Check this baby out!!


It has SNAPS, and even though you can't see it, its also an all-in-one diaper. So no stuffing. Plus it is TRIM as all heck and I am in love. At least as in love as one can be with something that gets peed and pooped on.

Here's Eli modeling one today (oh, and did I mention that bumGenius also has four new great colors?).



If you're wondering (cause I know you are) what else qualifies as a "great love", I'll tell you. Jesus, Dan, Jayden, Eli, the rest of my family, a few close friends, chocolate (this can take many forms), coffee (yep, many forms of this will do as well!), and sleeping. Oh and my Dodgers. Can't forget them.

1 comment:

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

Oh God, I LOVE babies in cloth booties. There's *nothing* cuter! :sigh: I've learned all about cloth diapering from friends, and my many clients who do so. If we ever have a next, I'll be CD'ing!