Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day..one day late!

This was the first Mother's Day I got to celebrate with a baby outside my womb. I remember last year so vividly, 38 weeks pregnant, anticipating Jayden's arrival, so unsure of what was to come yet immeasurably excited. And this year, here I am, a sweet 11 month old in my arms, and another sweet baby boy growing inside me. I am humbled by how God has blessed us! Mother's Day just three short years ago was spent grieving the baby we had miscarried just one week before. That day was so hard, so painful. Mother's Day two years ago was spent wishing we had a 5 month old baby or were expecting another one. I cried a lot that day! God is so good to have redeemed our broken situation and blessed us with not one but TWO sweet baby boys to love!!! 

Jayden, you amaze me everyday with all that you are discovering and learning. I love watching everything you do. You fill our lives with smiles and laughter, ours and yours. Our joyful, sweet boy, how we love you. You are our miracle boy, too. Those early ultrasounds, the doomsday words from the doctor...God was bigger and you hung on. I thank God for you, sweet boy, my firstborn. This last year spent with you has by far been the best of my life. 

Eli, how we can't wait to meet you! Our surprise package, our unexpected blessing. I so look forward to watching you grow, to getting to know you, to being your mom in this crazy world. You are our miracle boy, too. After all we went through to have your brother....to get pregnant with you so soon, while still breastfeeding, after being told were infertile...you are such a gift to us!! 

And to my own mom...I have learned so much about being a mom from you, and have had the opportunity to put it into practice this last year. Being a parent, and being a mom, is so much about self-sacrifice. As you would say, about laying down your life for your kids. Thank you for spending the last 28 or so ( a little less, really, but that's ok) years doing that for me. And thank you for spending the last 4 or 5 weeks continuing to lay down your life for me, for helping me, for loving me so practically in countless ways. You know what it means to be a mom and I am eternally grateful for your example and your love! 

To my wonderful mother-in-law....thank you for welcoming me into your family with such open arms. Thank you for being such an awesome mom to my husband. He loves me so well, and that is a reflection of the parenting you gave him! 

And to my biological mom....you will most likely never read this, but thank you for giving me life. And thank you for giving me all mentioned above...it was your choice that enabled all this wonderful blessing. I pray you know Jesus and we will get to meet in heaven someday! 


2 comments:

andrea poehl said...

what a precious post. you have such a grateful heart that honors the Lord!

Lisa said...

what a beautiful post, sarah!!