Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

THE BIRTH

So I am finally getting around to posting pics of the birth. I figure with an almost 14 month old and a 2 week old, I'm not doing too badly! :)

For those who don't know the gory details yet, labor lasted 18 long grueling hours. I had the goal of doing it without pain relief and succeeded. It was pretty intense and I would NOT have made it without the support of Dan, my mom, my sister-in-law, and my mother in law. They were all INCREDIBLE. My sister-in-law seriously could be a midwife or doula. She was amazing. When I would start to panic, she would say, "Sarah, NO. Relax. Breathe." And when I was really panicking when he was about to come and they told me not to push while they set up, she got on the bed and got right at my ear and said, "Get it together, Sarah. You did NOT come this far to give up now." I said later, "You were kinda mean..." but with a smile on my face. I am so blessed with all these women in my life. And to have a sister-in-law I would be friends with anyway, that I consider just my sister and not my in-law, that flew down from Oregon (she is TERRIFIED of flying, too) just to be with me and help me...WOW. I am truly blessed. And my mom...she does NOT like to see her kids in pain (just like any mom) and was so strong for me, even though I knew it was killing her to watch me go through it. And my mother-in-law...she was there with washcloths, ice chips, jello...she hung in till the end. And Dan...well there are NO words. NO WORDS. Through two labors and deliveries now, he has been my rock. Breathing with me, cheering me on, loving me...I think I am the luckiest woman alive to be married to him. And to watch him weep with joy as both of our sons have been born...his heart astounds me. Every moment of pain and agony was worth it for sweet Eli.

So without further adieu...here are the pictures!!

Timing contractions on the couch


When you're super tired, you will sleep ANYWHERE


Goofing off with Matthew in between contractions


Things starting to get intense


My mom, being a superstar


Fresh into the world!


First kisses from Mommy!


Bonding with Daddy


Sweet little feet


Dan "losing it" like he has with both boys. So precious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the picture of baby Eli fresh out the womb & in the background you can see Dans face just all lit up!! I'm at my desk trying not to cry!!

Karen and Joe said...

Congratulations!! We love the pictures! Soo impressed Sarah how tough you are! Great job! Enjoy your boys!!

SMiLeD said...

I love love love those pics!!


Congrats, welcome to the world Eli!

And hang in there Mama!!

Lisa said...

awesome, awesome, AWESOME! God is good, Sarah! Love those pics and I know you will treasure them forever!

You guys are in my prayers and sending you lots of love from Texas!